1/21/2012

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me . . .

. . . unless you are running for President!

by Alex Hutchins

I have always been fascinated, in a negative way, by those individuals who proclaim something is amiss with the law but continue to take advantage of the loophole until someone else sees and fixes the problem.  I would be curious to know if this is indicative of just US citizens or if this intellectual deformity exists in other countries as well; however, whether it does or not, is not the point here because it is alive and well all too often in this country.

While I do not mind sharing with you that I was raised a Democrat and for the most part still am one of those, at this stage in my life I do not let “party politics” influence my thoughts; instead, I cast my vote in a way that I fundamentally believe is best for America as a whole even if it sometimes goes against one political party or another.  For example, I do not have my family in debt and I do not think the US should be in debt either and the reason that I am not in debt is because I do not buy what I cannot afford, no matter how bad I may want it or think that I deserve it or have earned it – but, this is just me.

More to the point – it is time for me to speak out and voice my “humble” albeit outspoken opinion.  Our current race for the President is a circus and yet I would prefer to see clowns from Cirque du Soleil or Circus, Circus than the clowns the Republicans have been sending into the Big Ring.

Ugland House on Grand Cayman Island
 is the registered office of some 18,000
companies. (Alan Markoff/reuters)

. . . The Republican presidential candidate (Mitt Romney) has a portion of his personal wealth invested in funds set up by his former employer, Bain Capital, that are registered in the Cayman Islands. Firms such as Bain frequently set up shop in the Caymans and other tax havens to attract foreign investors who do not want to pay taxes to the United States, or American pension and endowment funds that normally cannot participate in certain types of investments without facing tax penalties . . .        Read more

Here they are folks -
the couple of the year -
Newt and his second wife.
Presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich says it is "despicable" for the media to bring up his ex-wife's claim he asked her to agree to an "open marriage." 

Marianne Gingrich told The Washington Post Newt Gingrich asked her for a divorce May 11, 1999, within 48 hours of having delivered a speech on family values.     

Newt Gingrich’s second ex-wife gave the electorate a refresher course on his conduct during their marriage, when he was leading the wolfpack hounding Bill Clinton over his sexual indiscretions, even as the speaker himself philandered with a congressional staffer who ultimately became Gingrich Wife No. 3.   Read more

And, as far as these last 2 clowns are concerned, their words tell us all we need to know.


"The reason Social Security is in big trouble is we don't have enough workers to support the retirees. A third of all the young people in America are not in America today because of abortion, because one in three pregnancies end in abortion."   - Rick Santorum, 3/29/11

“I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say ‘now we are going to decide who are people and who are not people’.”  - Rick Santorum on President Obama’s race and pro-choice beliefs, 1/19/2011

The Bill of Rights has no exemptions for "really bad people" or terrorists or even non-citizens. It is a key check on government power against any person. That is not a weakness in our legal system; it is the very strength of our legal system. The NDAA attempts to justify abridging the bill of rights on the theory that rights are suspended in a time of war, and the entire Unites States is a battlefield in the War on Terror. This is a very dangerous development indeed. Beware.

Ron Paul's Archives

1 comment:

terry said...

I'm not even paying attention anymore, because the rhetoric has gotten so bizarre! The scary thing is, there are people out there that vote, and those people are listening to those morons.