1/07/2013

WALKS OF DECEIT


Never before in my lifetime have I seen politicians so polarized and disjointed in their thoughts and actions as right now, especially in WASHDC.  Is there a word to properly describe their ambivalence? Probably, but I can’t seem to find it.
For many years now, I have subscribed to the notion of an arrogant few loosely managing the fate of our nation, but never imagined it would go this far or to this extreme.  They say the exception(s) prove the rule(s) but there are no rules anymore, at least not in the same way as I imagine the definition of that word.
This is not a “last man standing” mentality but a “I don’t see why you cannot see that I am correct and you are wrong” mentality underscored by blind ambition that their “idea/ideals” is the only idea/ideals that can “fix/save” this country.  To me, it is a bizarre and twisted form of logic that prescribes larges dosages of impotent rhetoric.
To me, it is worse that autism and more like an advanced case of Alzheimer’s which reminds me of a joke I heard a while back.
A husband and wife are in the bed sleeping and
all of a sudden the husband sits bolt-upright in bed,
white as a ghost and says, “I better get outa here
before your husband comes home from work.”

I warned you...
Our politicians behave as if they follow a different “set of rules” than the rest of us follow by which they are measured, even though that is a pretense because none of them are ever held accountable or by the voting public.  They are in their own little addictive world supported by a “cult of look-a-likes” referred to as the “Party.”
While there are numerous “rags to riches” stories about how these politicians began their “walks of deceit,” I have never heard of or seen a poor one.  Have you?
You may think that my thoughts resemble “misplaced sarcasm,” but I can assure you that more and more Americans are beginning to think this way, now seeing our politicians like marriage counselors who have never been married, counseling a married couple on divorce; or, like a married homophobic who has a gay lover.
America is a land of freedom, opportunities, and democracy; and yet, each one of these apply differently depending upon one’s socio-economic standing within the community where we can commit crimes of the mind just as easily as we can kiss our children goodnight.
More importantly, we are “technically” Democratic Role Models for the rest of the world who now perceive us (America) as a “ship of fools,” because we are trying to impose a “set of standards” on the rest of the world that we CANNOT ourselves follow here at home.
To me, this is incredibly embarrassing, especially when I teach classes on Management to foreign students who still hold the US in the highest esteem.
It is just a matter of time before Hollywood “shoots” (no pun intended) this “fictional” (???) movie; and, no doubt it will win an Oscar and Buffalo Springfield will sing “For What It’s Worth.”
There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, now, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

No comments: