9/18/2011

COLON CANCER VICTIM

"Two weeks after leaving Moffitt, a Hematologist there had done a general review of all my tests and found a hot spot on the left side of my liver. Realizing that this usually means the cancer has spread, he sounded the alarm and I was called by my team leader to return to Moffitt for a biopsy. That indeed, they believed the cancer had metastasized, was in my blood stream, could do extreme damage, and in Colon Cancer victims could spread quickly to my lungs. I now had Stage IV cancer."

READ THE REST ON MEDICAL MADNESS
CLICK ON ABOVE LABEL IN TOOL BAR

3 comments:

terry said...

I was sorry to read your story as I've been witness to your struggle, via friends and family members. The ONE thing I've learned, NEVER trust the surgeon when they say "they got it all" Everyone I know who believed that is now gone. Get a second opinion as to what further treatment might be needed.

DAN IN LA MESA CA said...

Victor, I hardly know you, but glad you are here to share with us. Stage IV is pretty sad news, and I am sorry you must face this overwhelming challenge. May you find the ability to delay its progress, enjoy the things you like to do, and especially find peace and comfort from those who surround you. Keep us informed and continue to share your wisdom with us. I look forward to that. - Dan S.

Victor said...

Thanks so much. I appreciate your support.