9/24/2011

I have gas…



but, it is only when I visit my dentist (although my wife would beg to differ with me).  It is a “twilight sensation state” into which I am put relaxing my tension and anxiety just enough not to care about the several Novocain that are injected into my gums.  However, I still smell the burning enamel, and feeling the tiny grinder chewing up the decayed tooth.  It seems like “forever” and the hinge of my jaw hurts from holding my mouth open.  The dental assistant is constantly poking this plastic tube into my mouth wedging it in between the fingers of the dentist, who communicates the step-by-step procedure that he is following.  I tried to close my eyes but the temptation to watch is over-powering and my hands grip the arms of the chair as if the dentist is trying to extricate me and not the tooth.  My appointments are usually at noon and my stomach always seems to “growl” at my attackers and stops as suddenly as they do.  When I am asked to bite down and grind, I know my ordeal is almost over as the whining sounds of the polisher is all that is left to be done.  The insurance company will not pay for my gas, which I do not understand so evidently they agree with my wife that gas is not a good thing to have.

No comments: