|POLITELY POLITICKING by|
First – the Republican Party is for small government
and big business
Second – the Democratic Party is for big government
and small business
Of course there are hundreds of variations of extra ideas and concepts but basically the above is what the two parties believe and this is what, WE, as the voting/electing public must decide: which of these two direction do we think is best for our country?
Let’s look at some numbers.
May 2012 Unemployment rate was 8.2% and taking into consideration the number of people who have stopped looking for work, it probably increases to about 20%. In other words, 80% of our workforce is working and sustaining the rest of us with a little economic growth of a little under 2%.
Conclusion: some progress is being made
- 7.8% of males are unemployed
- 7.4% of females are unemployed
- Teenagers – 24.6%
- Blacks – 13.6%
- Hispanics – 11%
- Whites – 7.4%
Conclusion: minorities and males suffering more
Caveat: the idle mind is the devil’s workshop, especially among teenagers
- Healthcare employment continued to increase
- Transportation and warehousing employment continued to increase
- Wholesale trade employment continued to increase
- Professional and business services employment stayed the same
- Employment in: mining, logging, retail, information, financial, leisure & hospitality, and government changed little.
- Average hourly income increased to $23.41
- Average hourly earnings increased by 1.7%
Conclusion: Go to work in healthcare, transportation, or warehousing
USA Today reports that Corporate profits in the first quarter of 2012 rose 6.7%
Daily KOS reports that the Fortune 500 generated a total of $824.5 billion in earnings last year, up 16.4% over 2010 earnings.
So, why are these companies hoarding cash and not providing jobs at a time when our country desperately needs jobs?
Is this a good example of exemplary Corporate Citizenship that is taught in Business Grad Schools across the country?
Here is where it breaks down for me, causing me to be suspicious of Republican Party ulterior motives because if they are the true party for Americans they why do the big businesses seem to be undermining and contradicting their comments, especially given what Romney’s been saying about having the right solution to “fix” the economy?